Department of Environment
Sm. Amreeta Ghosh (HOD)
Department of Envs
1) History of the department :This was introduced as a compulsory Envs course for BA, BSc, BCom (1+1+1) as per Calcutta University Regulation. Now in semester systems also, this subject is regarded as AECC2 in 2 nd semester of BA/BSc/BCom streams as a compulsory course for all the Hons and general students.
2) Specialization: This course includes projects, and field work which is very beneficial for students to gather environment related information in practical. The syllabus is highly well structured so that students would be interested to learn this course and be aware enough about mother earth.
Routine : Now in Semester 2, there is 1 class of Envs theory and 1 class of Envs practical for all the Hons and General students of BA, BSc, BCom streams.
1) To generate interests among the students regarding environment.
2) Initiatives taken for plantation of saplings in college campus as well as by the students in their locality.
3) Regular classes are taken to enhance knowledge among students regarding pollution and waste management.
4) Campus and college cleaning is also done by engaging students.
1) Field works and projects are done every year about various environment related topics. Such as "Global environmental pollution", "Global environmental issues", "Identification of medicinal plants", "Plastic pollution", "Health hazards due to street food ", "Waste management" etc.
2) World environment day is celebrated by planting saplings by the students in their locality.
3) Water management issues and pollution related solutions are verbally explained to the students, so that they can be aware of it.
|Sl No||Title||Routine View|
|Sl No||Title||Notice View|